We will be officially defaulting all A360 users into the new A360 experience at the end of July. As a part of this transition, we will be discontinuing the use of the old user interface and product experience. We’ve outlined which capabilities will not carry over into the new interface, in addition to a brief overview of the benefits of the new experience.
So, get ready to say goodbye to the old A360 interface and hello to the new A360 experience next month.
Why the new A360 experience is way better
We won’t get into the details, but you get a lot more with the new A360 experience. We’ve written a whole blog post on it so you can learn all about it.
Below are just a few key features in the new A360 experience to get excited about:
- Live review capabilities
- Project centered collaboration
- Immersive 2D and 3D file viewer
- Dynamic markup and commenting
- Version tracking
Learn about the full capabilities of the new A360 experience by reading the constantly evolving list of features.
These capabilities will not be offered in the new A360 experience
We’ve captured a list of capabilities that are not offered in the new A360:
- Feature Content (i.e. posting news on the root level)
- Recent Item filter list
- Post by Email (i.e. email a message to a project alias)
- Controlling item level actions of participants
- Large thumbnail view for list of projects
- My Data folder
If these are features you use often and are interested in re-incorporating back into the platform, post your suggestion in the Ideastation.
If you have been using A360 Team Hubs in the old interface, you may recall a special top level folder called ‘MyData’ that lives outside your projects. Today the MyData project is only accessible via the old interface and is not accessible via the new A360 experience.
If you have been using the MyData folder, we would like to let you know that A360 will no longer support this folder. We urge you to move your files from MyData into an A360 project before we shut down the old A360 interface. We’ve outlined two ways you can move your MyData folder contents to the new A360:
- Option 1: Download the MyData folder, which will be downloaded as a zip folder to your local project. Then, upload the folder contents into a new or existing A360 Project.
- Option 2: Navigate to individual items within your MyData folder and move them into an A360 project.
If you have questions about this transition, please join us in the forums.